Thursday, October 14, 2010

10-14-10 Death Quotes

"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live. "
-Martin Luther King, Jr.

"All our knowledge merely helps us to die a more painful death than animals that know nothing. "
-Maurice Maeterlinck

"Death is a very dull, dreary affair, and my advice to you is to have nothing whatsoever to do with it."
-W. Somerset Maugham

"Death is no more than passing from one room into another. But there's a difference for me, you know. Because in that other room I shall be able to see."
-Helen Keller

"Death most resembles a prophet who is without honor in his own land or a poet who is a stranger among his people. "
-Kahlil Gibran

"Die, v.: To stop sinning suddenly. "
-Elbert Hubbard

"For death is no more than a turning of us over from time to eternity. "
-William Penn

"Healthy children will not fear life if their elders have integrity enough not to fear death. "
-Erik H. Erikson

"I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. "
-Mark Twain

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
-Clarence Darrow

"I shall not die of a cold. I shall die of having lived. "
-Willa Cather

"Men fear death as children fear to go in the dark; and as that natural fear in children is increased by tales, so is the other. "
-Francis Bacon

"Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. "
-Susan Ertz

"Some men are alive simply because it is against the law to kill them. "
-Edward W. Howe

1 comment: